06 November 2009

busy bee boring bee

I don't even know where time has gone or is going. The summer flew by. I was pretty busy for the most part. Actually, probably the busiest most eventful summer I've ever had in hellacious LA. It was definitely nice to live near the beach because it wasn't so bloody hot.

I feel like I've literally been all over the place since August. I went to Vegas for a hot minute in August with Ed. I lost too much money. It was tragic. I hate Vegas.

In September I went to Memphis Tennessee to visit my friend Tori who was visiting from England. This was my first experience in a "southern" state and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Memphis is home of the blues and Beale street was fantastic. I could see myself living there. I was also there for her birthday which was even nicer. We went to Graceland on her birthday and the night before, we got shit faced on Beale street. It was nice to see Tori again and reunite after 2 years. It really didn't feel like it had been two years since we had seen each other; that's how awesome our friendship is.

Two weeks later I was in New York city. I fucking love NYC so it was great to go back. The last time I went was with Miriam in 2003, I think. NY was nice. I was pretty much trying to see if I would like to live there. Obviously I would because NY is awesome. I got to see some people that I hadn't seen in ages. Georgette and Joe were really generous and awesome and wonderful and they helped me out a lot. I owe them. I also got to see my old roommate and hot mess Bianca and her boyfriend Chris. Thanks again to Chris for hanging out with me when I was bored to tears. I had an awesome time hanging out with Bianca in the East Village and being ridic with a bunch of gays- our favorite. Bananas. I ventured out to Jersey to visit my bro and sister in law which was nice. Overall, I had a great time in NYC and can't wait to go back.

A couple of weeks ago I went to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Could I be all over the fucking map? I went for a family wedding which was pretty nice. I had never really spent much time in PA and I had never been to Pittsburgh. From what I saw, it was nice. I had never really seen the fall season in full effect until then. The changing of the leaves is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I felt like such a dork driving around and saying out loud how gorgeous it all was. I think I need to live some place that has all 4 seasons. The trip back was the most exhausting 3 flight way home that I'm taking a break from travel for a month or two. I'm also broke.

Work is sparse and I'm super broke. I'm trying to find a part time job to have some sort of income but nothing is coming up. Oh well. Jah will provide!

No comments: